GST: RELATED PERSONS…!!
- January 6, 2016
- Posted by: Indirect Tax Professionals
- Category: Articles
Persons shall be deemed to be “related persons’’ if only –
- they are officers or directors of one another’s businesses;
- they are legally recognized partners in business;
- they are employer and employee;
- any person directly or indirectly owns, controls or holds five per cent or more of the outstanding voting stock or shares of both of them;
- one of them directly or indirectly controls the other;
- both of them are directly or indirectly controlled by a third person;
- together they directly or indirectly control a third person; or
- they are members of the same family.
Explanation I. – The term “person” also includes legal persons.
Explanation II. – Persons who are associated in the business of one another in that one is the sole agent or sole distributor or sole concessionaire, howsoever described, of the other shall be deemed to be related;